Magic Finds Tombstone

Illustration by Bob Boze Bell
Illustration by Bob Boze Bell

According to George Parsons’ journal the first circus (Ryland’s) landed in Tombstone on September 22, 1880. Parsons also reports going to see Prof Taylor’s magic show on May 5, 1881. In addition to circuses and theater troupes, horse racing and baseball games, a municipal swimming pool opened in 1883 making the mining town a very cosmopolitan place.

Related Posts

  • John Clum is best known for his time in Tombstone as mayor and founding editor…

  • Tombstone

    In June 1880, Philip M. Thurmond walked around the newly formed mining camp of Tombstone…

  • It was June 1881 when Al Schieffelin—brother of Tombstone founder Ed Schieffelin—opened the theater and…