If cutting a CD is your dream, let Khoury show you how. Take some homegrown talent, some proven classics from the early days of Rock ‘n’ Roll and add a touch of Marty Robbins. Then book a Nashville “doo-wa” session band and pay the studio fee. Voila! You’re a star. Or maybe not. Aside from pleasing himself and his family, Khoury proves why fame eludes most of us. Nonetheless, if you’re looking for a nostalgic set of rockin’ Oldies, this CD could serve you well. —Corinne Brown
In This Issue:
Western Books & Movies
- UNBRIDLED: THE WESTERN HORSE IN FICTION AND NONFICTION
- Spanning Washington: Historic Bridges of the Evergreen State
- TO SAVE THE WILD BISON
- HEARTS WEST: TRUE STORIES OF MAIL-ORDER BRIDES ON THE FRONTIER
- Buffalo Bill’s America
- VOICE OF THE BORDERLANDS
- Haunted by Hardin
- Starring the Cowboys of America
- WESTERN TRADITIONS: CONTEMPORARY ARTISTS OF THE AMERICAN WEST
- The Klondike Quest: A Photographic Essay, 1897-1899
- The Salish people and the Lewis and Clark Expedition
- THE ART OF SERGIO LEONE’S ONCE UPON A TIME IN THE WEST
- PEOPLE OF THE MOON
- EYE OF THE WOLF
More In This Issue
- I would like your opinion on the deaths of outlaws Billy the Kid, Jesse James, Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid.
- A Cowboy’s Cowboy-song Singer
- Sheridan, Wyoming
- Billings Fills the Bill
- On a Mission along El Camino Real
- Uncrowned Heroine, Among Great Men
- “I Should Have Killed Them All”
- Right out of Nowhere
- Home to You
- Do you know of any books written about Scott Cooley (and his gang)?
- Caldwell, Kansas, is mentioned often in the magazine, but why doesn’t Hunnewell—a wild, border town itself—get the same coverage?
- Why did Wyatt Earp never hold the top law enforcement position in any town where he worked?
- I’ve heard that during an Old West gunfight, the persons who drew their guns first were often the ones who got shot. Is this true?
- During 1952, when I was learning to be a Naval Aviator in Pensacola, Florida, I read a book on the Battle of the Little Bighorn written from the Indian point of view. Do you know the title?
- Cobra Pistols
- The Best of New Mexico Western
- This Weary World