Another man who sacrificed for his country was Theodore Roosevelt. The admiration for Roosevelt, Montana hunting and all things outdoors is evident in Dan Aadland’s well-written In Trace of TR: A Montana Hunter’s Journey. In tracing TR’s hunting treks, the author tracks elk, much as the 26th president once did, through the rugged Big Horn Mountains and the Absaroka Wilderness. The book is interlaced with stories of Roosevelt’s hunts, and it offers a keep perception for the Montana landscape and the man who loved the adventure as much as the sport.
In This Issue:
Western Books & Movies
More In This Issue
- Fort Pierre, South Dakota
- William C. Porter
- Western Flair the Duke Would Appreciate
- Grape History on a Sunset Ride
- Top 10 Western Museums of 2010
- Great Guns in the Panhandle
- The Walls of a Prison Will Never Hold Me
- Depression-Era Treasure
- Tracking a Vendetta Rider
- As American as Apple Pie
- Straws in the Wind
- Custer Portrait Shares a Hidden Story
- Centennial Celebration
- Can you tell me something about the Apache of southern Arizona?
- Can you tell me something about the comic book hero Kid Colt?